As a swim instructor, one of the most common questions I get from parents is: “How many swim lessons does my child need to learn to swim?”
Each child is different and they learn at their own pace. We have already discussed about it. You can find them all the factors that contribute to the process of learning to swim.
When it comes to learning to swim, one thing is certain…time is of no importance. Your child should take as many swim lessons as they need, to master the following 5 water safety swim skills:
- Step/Jump into the water over the head and return to the surface
- Swim at least 25 yards to an exit without stopping
- Tread water for at least 1 minute
- Turn around in a full circle to find a way out of the water
- Exit a pool without using a ladder
Watch this 2 year old swimming completely on his own:
Here you will find the best methods to help your child learn the 5 most important water safety swim skills faster, while having fun and bonding with you. Watch FREE swim lessons and videos here.
“This has been one of the most fun activity I did with my twins and their swimming has improved tremendously” – Tim, father of 4 year old twins.