According to CDC, on average, ten people drown every day; one in five of them is a child 14 years or younger. One step towards drowning prevention is to help your kid learn to swim.
These are 5 Water Safety Swimming Skills For Kids, that all children have to learn:
- Step/Jump into the water over the head and return to the surface
- Swim at least 25 yards to an exit without stopping
- Tread water for at least 1 minute
- Turn around in a full circle to find a way out of the water
- Exit a pool without using a ladder
The following video shows how to teach kids one of the most important water safety skills: Jump into the water, turn around in full circle, find a way out of the water.
Can your child perform all these water safety skills? If not, you can help your child learn to swim and be safe in the water. Watch our FREE swim lessons here.
Teach Your Child To Swim™ was especially designed for parents who want to help their kids learn to swim step by step and be safe in the water: www.teachyourchildtoswim.com.
If you have any questions for us, post them on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/teachyourchildtoswim/
Get your swimming gear and teach your child to swim!